The MHSAA released a number of updates on Thursday, August 3, 2020 in response to the Governors new Executive Orders. Those updates can be found in detail on the MHSAA website.
With the release of new Executive Order 176, competition may begin immediately in soccer in all regions of the state.
This same order has opened indoor facilities for organized sports practice and competition, allowing swimming & diving and volleyball to begin indoors on Wednesday, Sept. 9 in those regions currently not able to do so.
This new Executive Order 176 has also removed the restrictions on all sports, including football. Because of these factors, the MHSAA Representative Council approved restarting the fall football season on Tuesday, September 8 and will conduct a fall football tournament for schools that wish to participate.
There have been many questions since the release of the MHSAA updates. Those will be answered in the coming days. Following is info regarding high school and middle school sports that will be able to begin next week. Please know that we will continue to get info out to our community as it becomes available to us. GO CARDS!!!
- High School Football (all levels) practice with helmets and shoulder pads will begin on Tuesday, September 8th. Helmet and shoulder pad (Shell) practices will be held on September 8th and September 9th per the MHSAA Guidelines.
- Full pad practices will begin on September 10th.
- Games will begin the week of September 13th. Schools will play 6 regular season games and all participating schools will play in MHSAA playoffs (more info forthcoming on this).
- Schedules will not change. Games will begin in “Week 4” of the regular season schedule. See Football schedule on the Davison Athletic Website. davisonathletics.org
- High School Volleyball (all levels) indoor practices will begin on Wednesday, September 9th. Coaches will be getting information out to players and parents.
- Games can begin on Wednesday, September 9th.
- Schedules will be played out beginning on Wednesday, September 9th. (first contest is September 10th at Midland Dow) See Volleyball schedule on the Davison Athletics Website. davisonathletics.org
- High School Soccer (all levels) competition can begin immediately.
- Schedules will be played out beginning on Tuesday, September 8th. (first contest is September 9th at Bay City Western) See Soccer schedules on the Davison Athletics Website. davisonathletics.org
DHS Girls Swim:
- High School Swim can begin on Wednesday, September 9th.
- Schedules will be played out beginning on Thursday, September 10th. (first contest is September 10th at Midland) See Girls Swim schedule on the Davison Athletics Website. davisonathletics.org
- Equipment pick up will be September 8th starting at 4:30pm just outside of the middle school gym. Equipment pick up only, no practice.
- First practice will be September 9th from 4:30pm to 6:30pm behind the middle school.
- Practices will be daily from 4:30pm to 6:30pm. Students should make plans for right after school and then be dropped off for practice.
- Games will be played on Wednesdays starting on September 23rd and ending on October 20th. Schedules will be released next week.
- Players must take equipment home, there will be no permanent use of locker rooms at this time.
DMS Girls Basketball:
- Tryouts will take place on September 9th, 10th, and 11th from 4:30pm – 6:00pm (both 7th and 8th grade) at the Davison Middle School gym.
- Practices will be daily from 4:30pm to 6:00pm . Students should make plans for right after school and then be dropped off for practice.
- Games will be played on Mondays and Thursdays beginning on September 21st and ending on October October 29th. Schedules will be released next week.
Players must have a physical on file in order to participate. If a player had a physical on file at Davison last year, that can be used this year and the parent will only need to complete the Health Questionnaire Form. See link below.